The Saga Continues

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Do You Want To Feature On GZA/Genius's Next Album?

In conjunction with the launch of his new website, hip-hop ninja GZA is inviting fans to “put their MC skills to the test” in a contest called “Duel of the Iron Mic”, named after his track of the same name. The contest winner, which is also judged by GZA, will appear on a future GZA album.

To enter the contest, entrants must rap the first verse of the track “Liquid Swords”, record it on video, upload it to Vimeo, and posting it on GZA’s website. More info about the contest will be announced when the website launches next week.

About the contest, GZA said, “This contest was inspired by my countless tours all over the world where I would see my fans, many of them non-English speakers, reciting every lyric of the song back to me. It’s become clear to me that my music is appealing to a whole new generation: I’ve had a bunch of people tell me that they first heard my album because their parents listened to it. That might make some artists feel old but I’m happy that my music is still relevant today. I am honored that Liquid Swords the song and album have been so widely embraced for so long. This contest is one way of giving back to my fans, of letting them share their take on the record.”